Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frozen Farm! Compensation?! GGS, We want answers!

Beginner

Frozen Farm! Compensation?! GGS, We want answers!

Greeting Farmers,

As you all know by now, the game is not working correctly. For some it freezes, for others it won't even load. For me has been most frustrating and agitating Saturday I have had in a long time. With less than a day to event's end, I couldn't even open my farm earlier today.

And during all that, what is GGS respond?

"It's frustrating, isn't it?" "Please be patient" "Problem will be fixed on Monday" "Refresh browser"

Monday? Monday most people have to go back to work or school. By Monday the event will be over. By Monday will be too late for those of us who have put on hours of hard work, who have spent hard earned money so that they can finish this event. Because the truth is that the event is difficult for the smaller farms, if not impossible to achieve without gold.

My 9 yrs old niece, who loves this game, is on level 30. She started the even at 27, but now she is in the next, higher group, with more to collect/donate. GGS made this event so hard, that one has to play day and night, or spend some considerable amount of gold to complete it, if one is in the lower group of farm levels. Just look at the apples required. Most players up to level 30, have only 1 apple orchard. Under my direction, she built 2. So, with 2 apple orchards, at level 2 produced 690 apples. The arithmetic is easy to do. Three hrs for each orchard to be ready, about 6 times daily (if one plays 18 hrs); The result is buy gold or kiss the Fairy Tower goodbye.

How about those who have only one Apple orchard, how are they to finish the event? Same answer; buy gold.
    Alright, so we did that, most of us who wanted it badly enough.

Event should have been a success for both sides. Except that it isn't. Because GGS did not deliver, as usual.

I have wasted most of my day; This is a weekend; a day of relaxation, which turned out to be a day of a great frustration. And we have not gotten any satisfaction from the responses on the part of GGS. Same old story.

I was distrustful toward GGS, mostly as a result of what they did with Farmers, and last year with Farm Fever. And nothing is changing. GG readily continues to take our money, but when it comes to their commitment to the players, they simply do not deliver.

GGS lounged an event that obviously was not tested enough, that was showing bad signs from the start, and the studio people did nothing to fix the problem on time.

Here I have some questions for GGS that would like answered.

1. How will you compensate us for the time you took from us due to GG lounging an event that obviously was not tested enough and for whatever reason is freezing the game?
    2.For those, who can not even log-in, what do GG propose to do; will more time be given so those players can finish the event?
    3. Will you refund gold spent on the event for those who did, but couldn't finish it due to GG fault?
    4. With all the money you make from the players, why can't you have a developer on weekends for time like this?

At a different farm game, if the same situation has occurred, the Studio in question would have compensated the players for the inconvenience it caused. But GGS is only giving us excuses and empty promises.
    I was very reluctant to start buying gold, and after all that has happened, I see how right I have been.
    You better step up to the plate, GG; for Big Farm is not the only game out there.
    I am not spending anymore money until I see a little respect for the players who support this game. If you can't make it easy for us, relaxing and joyful, then it may be a time to start looking for another farm.

Good luck to all players who have not finished the event; Hope you find enough strength and time to finish it and get your reward!!!
    Gigit @ us 1

Advanced
    We supported and thought that they deserved the MMO game award they got.

But do we need to think that we made a mistake in voting? This entire week the performance of GGS, is not upto the mark....

Please people do some thing and to avoid losing our good will
    ss0209 @ Great Achivers (in 1)
    SS0209 @ Larino (WWW1)
    ss0209 @ Training Larino en 1
    ss0209 @ Training Larino us 1

Visit Larino website for tips and how to
    http://bigfarmtips.wordpress.com

Beginner
    I second the opinion of "Gigit5". Though I have never bought gold to play the game, I had, over a long period of time, collected 1450 pieces of gold, only to open the game one day to find about 45 gold pieces remaining and about 406 (unwanted) premium chicken food in my inventory. Keep in mind that you can only buy premium chicken feed in 10s (not sure where the other 6 chicken feed came from.

CGS would not refund my money, claiming I bought it. I bought their excuse, realizing that they were not going to cater to me, a non-gold buying player.

Now, this. I see absolutely no post from CGS even acknowledging the problem.

Three strikes and you are out!!!!
    Regin @ us 1

Beginner
    I've been working hard to get this fairy tower, spending so much time over the weekend dedicated to this and my connection to the game has been cutting off all day today. On top of that I just consider this event to be way harder than it should be.

I'm even considering staying up all night to finish this event (even then I'm not sure I can make it) since I've already put a lot of time and some gold into it and don't want to walk away empty handed but I have an important church holiday to attend to tomorrow and I don't want to be half asleep for it either! If this matter is not handled graciously by GGS, I'm not sure I want to stick around anymore and I've been a long time fan of their games.
    jeungwi @ us 1

Monica, I'm not sure what the point of the picture you posted is? Or was there something else that was offensive and was edited out so the context is gone?

Anyway, I think GGS (in all the cases outlined above) doesn't necessarily think that you are entitled to compensation. This has actually been discussed across a few different contexts in several topics on the forums. A few examples are:

1. When people didn't get the prizes that a reasonable interpretation of the charity drive would have sugessted that they be entitled to, they were told that it would get looked into, with no resolution, and this was several months ago;

2. When people get put in screwy groups for missions that they have no hope of winning, they are told that it is the luck of the draw,and maybe they will do better next time;

3. When people have problems that cannot be solved by refreshing their browser, clearing their flash cache and so on, then they are directed to report bugs. It can take weeks (if at all) before your support ticket is addressed. Then it's not clear necessarily that anything is being done, or if the support staff can at least suggest a solution for you, all the while during which you are losing money on your farm. (To be fair, you might just have a crappy computer, but maybe they they could at least say that they have done all they can, instead of leaving you hanging);

4. The ENTIRE US server was down for about an hour while fixes were going on, and we were told that it was "oh well, it's not really going to affect the outcome" of the fairy tale quest. Considering that an hour is what, 12 corn harvests, and corn yields per harvest time one of the most quantities of fireflies, that is just BS.

Then, as locking the the gold boycott topic has suggested, when you try to respond to it in some situations you will get shut down, even though it wasn't clear that the majority of the gold boycott topic was ACTUALLY about boycotting gold, as much as it was a discussion about golders and that sort of stuff.

But if you didn't expect anything different given their other games and the attitudes they had towards people there then I'm not sure what your post is really going to do. Perhaps what WOULD work is something like if people voted with their virtual feet and went to play a game that actually listened to what the players want and had some decent customer service. But until then making topics like this one is going to really make a difference if GGS is so far gone; it might be good for venting but you're still going to be bashing your head against a metaphorical wall.

(As an aside, I don't see why gold and non-golders should be treated differently. Anyone who plays this game should be treated with a minimal standard of respect and dignity, regardless of whether or not they are putting money into GGS' pockets.)
    Last edited by jaystarr2; 09.06.2013 at 09:30.

jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!

Beginner
    Add all of this to the ridiculous number of fireflies that you have to collect and how hard it is to get them. If this event required gold to complete, it should have been said from the beginning. This is abuse of the members who play for free or who do not want to spend gold on this event, plain and simple. From your response, jaystarr2, and the responses of some of the moderators around here, I have lost hope that this will be addressed by GGS in an agreeable way. This game has stopped being fun for me and I have to apologize to the members in my co-op but it's time for me to step out. I don't have time to be jerked around like this by a company who doesn't show proper respect to its players.
    jeungwi @ us 1

Hi all,

I can't answer any questions about compensations or anything of that nature until i have investigated on Monday. If you are unable to access your account and have tried clearing the caches then i would advise you to contact support.

Regards,
    Ethan,

P.S. Lets keep this on topic please.

Please use the search function before posting to see if your question has already been answered! If you have a problem in the game you can contact support using the link below

Student
    I really don't think there should be any compensation.

The event was run as the event was planned and there was nothing misleading about what was required for players to do.

Sure, there have been some server issues (or in other cases many server issues).

These issues are unfortunate and will be fixed very soon and have been fixed really quickly and GGS has done a great job in keeping us updated on these issues.

I have had members who don't play all day every day and only a few hours everyday and have been able to complete the event with varying levels, including other players on other servers whom I am friends with.

I really think it's a massive cop-out to blame GGS for you not being able to complete an event. It really isn't that hard and people have completed it without spending any gold.

This event will come again, work on your farms and maybe next time they will be developed enough and running well enough to complete the task.

Also, we who did complete the task in the time, without gold - what do we get? Nothing? While you get compensated for not being able to do a task.. How is that fair? - It's not, neither is someone getting compensated for not being able to complete a task.

If anything a small favor as an apology for the server issues could be provided but I don't think it should be worth anymore than 50 gold.
    Last edited by camii893; 09.06.2013 at 17:55.
    Cameron :)
    Username: camii89 @ au 1
    Farmers Union Cooperative Founder
    Currently Looking For Members - Apply here

Beginner
    I totally agree with you, my son has been playing constantly to earn this tower, he started on the final task with over 31 hours left and will not have success, because it is simply not possible. 5 fields of wheat (how many hours to grow) did not produce 1 firefly. I have been helping him and together we have been playing the game almost constantly ( I slept for 4 hours and then got up to replant and start producing everything in the middle of the night). I am going to see that he finds another farm game where if you put in the hours (not just money) you can be successful. I suggest you do the same.
    anti31 @ us 1

I have nobody but myself to blame for not finishing this event, I started way late. But I can tell you that the past two days with all the freezes and lockouts has done nothing towards helping me finish even the step I'm on. I think that GGS should at least extend the end time by 12 to 24 hours, to make up for the time lost.
    For those of you who have already finished (by whatever means) I say congratulations and take pride in the fact that you finished before 2/3's of the rest of us. But do you really want that win if it was gotten because the rest of us were handicapped?
    Oops, gotta run - my farm just unfroze and I have work to do.
    Zoola @ us 1

Beginner
    I don't know if this worked for other players but I found growing corn and milling chicken feed produced the most fireflies, I hardly ever got any from the things that take ages to grow or produce, like cherry orchards and cow sheds. Cabbage produced ok as well
    aardvark @ en 1

I think the tip for tasks in which you need you to collect things such as breadcrumbs, storybook pages and the fireflies is to work out which items on your farm are going to provide the most. It won't be equally random for different animals/crops/production facilities.
    For the fireflies I began with 4 fields of wheat ready to harvest - not a single fly. That tells me something. I planted one field of roses, one of beans and not a single fly. I planted 4 of cabbage and got one fly worth 3 flies. Then 4 corn to get 4 flies worth 2 flies each. So by then I knew that the corn was going to be my best option so that's what I focused on.
    I pay attention to every thing that I click on during these events to see what they produce. Chickens gave a steady amount of flies. Orchards gave very few. Producing chicken and cow feed, fertilizer and humus gave me multiple flies each time.
    I keep everything running constantly on my farm during events, but for each task I especially need to know where my best odds are for collecting the items, especially for crops so I can plant the best ones.
    For the 2 events we have had now there have been numerous posts from others who have given useful tips about where to collect the items. These are very useful and will increase your odds of finishing each task.
    aussiefarmgal @ au 1

Proud to be a member of Farmers Union Coop: We currently have 1 vacancy. Please email or message in game or view our ad here:

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...t-want-to-miss!

Happy sufferer of BFAS: Big Farm Addiction Syndrome

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoola2 View Post
    ...But do you really want that win if it was gotten because the rest of us were handicapped?...
    Yes we do. You were not handicapped. This was not an event where we played against each other. This was an event where you had to find things or donate things on your own individual farms.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefarmgal View Post
    I think the tip for tasks in which you need you to collect things such as breadcrumbs, storybook pages and the fireflies is to work out which items on your farm are going to provide the most. It won't be equally random for different animals/crops/production facilities.
    For the fireflies I began with 4 fields of wheat ready to harvest - not a single fly. That tells me something. I planted one field of roses, one of beans and not a single fly. I planted 4 of cabbage and got one fly worth 3 flies. Then 4 corn to get 4 flies worth 2 flies each. So by then I knew that the corn was going to be my best option so that's what I focused on.
    I pay attention to every thing that I click on during these events to see what they produce. Chickens gave a steady amount of flies. Orchards gave very few. Producing chicken and cow feed, fertilizer and humus gave me multiple flies each time.
    I keep everything running constantly on my farm during events, but for each task I especially need to know where my best odds are for collecting the items, especially for crops so I can plant the best ones.
    For the 2 events we have had now there have been numerous posts from others who have given useful tips about where to collect the items. These are very useful and will increase your odds of finishing each task.
    Here is an example of how you can manage the event and get the most out of the things that you are producing. I also want to note that there was a massive thread explaining what needed to be found or donated and lots and lots of tips on how to get them!

Zzzzzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoola2 View Post
    For those of you who have already finished (by whatever means) I say congratulations and take pride in the fact that you finished before 2/3's of the rest of us. But do you really want that win if it was gotten because the rest of us were handicapped?
    Wow. I was a bit speechless by this... I feel like you are saying we shouldn't be taking the prize because you/others were disadvantaged. But how were those disadvantages different to anyone else? We have all had problems with being logged out and the game freezing. But like a few of the others have said, if you look for tips and use them to your best, it can be done and it doesn't have to involve long hours each day to achieve that. I did it with 2 days to spare, and many of my co op members also did. No gold was used as far as I know, either.

Yes, the numbers of apples & fireflies seemed alot, and admittedly, I was even scratching my head as to whether I would get it done. But, by using the tips of helpful others, I knew what would get the most for me.

And being a higher level doesnt really enter into the argument - if you thought the numbers for apples & fireflies were high at level 30, wait until you get to level 55 & over.
    Last edited by soneeya; 10.06.2013 at 08:52.
    soneeya @ au 1

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by camii893 View Post
    I really don't think there should be any compensation.

The event was run as the event was planned and there was nothing misleading about what was required for players to do.

Sure, there have been some server issues (or in other cases many server issues).

These issues are unfortunate and will be fixed very soon and have been fixed really quickly and GGS has done a great job in keeping us updated on these issues.

I have had members who don't play all day every day and only a few hours everyday and have been able to complete the event with varying levels, including other players on other servers whom I am friends with.

I really think it's a massive cop-out to blame GGS for you not being able to complete an event. It really isn't that hard and people have completed it without spending any gold.

This event will come again, work on your farms and maybe next time they will be developed enough and running well enough to complete the task.

Also, we who did complete the task in the time, without gold - what do we get? Nothing? While you get compensated for not being able to do a task.. How is that fair? - It's not, neither is someone getting compensated for not being able to complete a task.

If anything a small favor as an apology for the server issues could be provided but I don't think it should be worth anymore than 50 gold.
    Yes, yes you won the game and the people who didn't and who have complaints about how the game was run are sore losers.

You say that it wasn't really hard for people to complete without gold. We can agree to disagree on that matter. I don't know what methods you used that you think made it so easy but that is part of what we are disputing, this game is played by mostly casual gamers and should not require anyone to have to go into the forums to look up "hints" or "tips" to complete an event. If you have to do that, it is just plainly too difficult, especially with all of our invested time / gold on the line. It is in my opinion that GGS did not test this event well enough. You also have to remember that this game is played by many children and they also should not have to be an expert at this game to win an event.

Personally, I am not asking for "compensation" per se, just that GGS address this issue. Maybe you misunderstood what I meant by that, but I'm looking for an explanation, and apology, or (during the actual event when I last posted) a possible time extension.

We really don't have much more to discuss, it's all in Good Game Studio's court now. I have homework to do and I'm got going to beg any of you or try to "prove" how many hours I put into this event or how difficult I found it so let me tip my hat off to you, the members of the community and just say, "So long, and thanks for all the chicken."
    jeungwi @ us 1

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by jeungwi View Post
    ...You say that it wasn't really hard for people to complete without gold. We can agree to disagree on that matter...
    Please tell me where did I say it was easy!? I didn't

GGS doesn't need to tell you if they would extend the event - the event has a time limit on it which was given at the start of the event.

No - you don't have to go onto the forums to find out the information - not everyone did.

I also know of may casual players who finished the event without using gold - yes some of them children and not experts in the game. I also did point this out in my original post.

GGS are addressing the issues with the server and have done so in today's update and many hotfixes across the event and week. They have previously apologised for the inconvenience.

Also, I don't think events like this should ever be easy - they should challenge us and I feel this one did and just because you didn't finish it - I don't think you should be compensated. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Also, yes there are people out there who did finish the event with gold because they couldn't make the amounts they needed - they chose to do this and if you are compensated for not finishing, should they too then get compensated.

Or the people who don't play very often, but then because of a great event like this decided to play a bit more to win the reward and won it - should they too get compensated.

All because some people couldn't finish the event. No - I don't think so.
    Last edited by camii893; 10.06.2013 at 16:39.

To be fair, you needed to do a LOT of farming to get the tower without gold. If you only played a moderate amount (a few hours a day at most) to start with, you were pretty much screwed, especialy if the randomness of getting fireflies or breadcrumbs from your production was not in your favor.

Now if you only played a moderate amount AND had server issues on the few hours you were around, then you'd pretty much have no hope of getting the tower.

That handicap comment before made me laugh because it was pretty ridiculous.

jaystarr2 @ us 1

Want to be part of a top-ranked co-op on the US1 server? Success Team is accepting applications RIGHT NOW! Click here to check it out!

Beginner
    I agree with many of the comments on this forum. I was unable to finish the firefly task also. I worked on the task for 30 hours but then the game froze and I was unable to finish. I have also had the same thing happen during 3 recent missions. The game would freeze and I was unable to keep up with everyone else that was doing the mission. I was trying to earn rep. points for my co-op, but now our co-op has been unsuccessful in completing our task twice now. Please fix this problem soon because it sounds like you will loose a lot of gamers otherwise.
    khandy88 @ us 1

Quote Originally Posted by soneeya View Post
    Wow. I was a bit speechless by this... I feel like you are saying we shouldn't be taking the prize because you/others were disadvantaged.
    I am very sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect your win. I was/am terribly frustrated that I am having so many problems with the game lately. I know about the tips and tricks to win competitions, but all the tips and tricks in the world will not compensate for freeze ups, crashes and lock outs.

I knew I wouldn't finish the whole thing, I didn't start until there was only a couple days left. But I really felt I should have finished the breadcrumbs since I only had 8 to go and had 2 hours to get them. But unfortunately, due to the bloody game, I couldn't get them. So who's fault???

Time is what was stolen, time should have been returned.
    Last edited by Zoola2; 11.06.2013 at 20:53.
    Zoola @ us 1

Quote Originally Posted by aussiefarmgal View Post
    I have done like you did it every time on the events...just planted corn and made my chickens produce eggs constantly, and i always finished the events early. My account is now frozen for good i think, and i cant play the game anymore, but i managed to get the fairytower just in time before the mill and everything else froze up. All i did was plant corn constantly, and run the other facilities around the clock as usual. To bad i didnt get to place the tower and see it on my farm before my game was totally broken
    I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees, but Ohio dont remember me :D
    I take it to far...I still owe money to the money.....to the money i owe 8)

mai1 @ Skn1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfDWL...9C6E22CEA4784E