Thread: Attacking robber barons

Beginner

Attacking robber barons

Does attacking robber barons at higher levels (10+) make sense? Or is it better to attack more distant castles?

Should I spy them? Or simply send an army and consider it as a way to convert some money (for the travel and for lost soldiers) into more important resources?

In case of sending an army without spying, should I use maceman or crossbowman or a mix of both?
    Bourec @ WWW 2

Proud member of Invictus Dusan0072's Avatar
    Attacking robber baron castles can help you a lot !!!
    I am attacking them every day and i have 600 rubies !!! and i builded Dovecote (I never buy RUBIES !!!!)
    also i have 9000 coins because if you plan attack on RB castles well you can earn lots of COINS
    Last edited by Dusan0072; 25.02.2012 at 21:33.
    .... I left this forum ....
    If you want to contact me find me in Internal 1 :)
    nick : Dusan007
    Dont hesitate to send me message

And remember :
    " Whose law lies in the mace his trace smell on inhumanity " - Bishop Petar Petrovic Njegos

Beginner
    Attacking RBCs are in the quests so it helps you gain rewards. There are threads that show the defenses of the RBCs. If you go to the wiki in the newbies section click on the threads that talk about RBCs there are 2 of them. One has the screen shots of spy results. In the bottom right corner of the pic it tells which RBC level it is.
    chiquilin62 @ WWW 1

Student
    Speaking as someone that has fought Barons to Level 32, yes, absolutely. They are always gold and food profitable, and at much higher levels, start to pay for the resource tools you need, too.
    Kreistor080 on a non-Official Server
    Sergeant of Shadows Liaison

Beginner
    Somehow it doesn't work for me... I tried twice to attack a RB level 11 and the losses were too high: About 40 units without tools and about 30 with tools worth about 200 wood and 150 stone. I gained some rubies and some resources back, but it wasn't worth it.
    Bourec @ WWW 2

Proud member of Invictus Dusan0072's Avatar
    Wait to get new units
    .... I left this forum ....
    If you want to contact me find me in Internal 1 :)
    nick : Dusan007
    Dont hesitate to send me message

And remember :
    " Whose law lies in the mace his trace smell on inhumanity " - Bishop Petar Petrovic Njegos

Advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourec View Post
    Somehow it doesn't work for me... I tried twice to attack a RB level 11 and the losses were too high: About 40 units without tools and about 30 with tools worth about 200 wood and 150 stone. I gained some rubies and some resources back, but it wasn't worth it.
    hey. check the below link, it has some info on the robber barons.

Making gold from robber barons

try sending different set of units. remember the base value. melee against ranged and ranged against melee. tools will help you lessen the losses.

Beginner
    It is always better to to attack RBC when they are at higher level because we can profit from the coins, resources. But when we are attacking we should use spy and plan the attack well by using a mix of Ranged and melee soldiers or else it won't be worth it
    NewSidharth @ WWW 1

Beginner
    This is what I have learned about Robber Barons so far (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

1. You can always send a spy to a Robber Baron castle. If the spy fails you get a failure message, but nothing else seems to happen.
    2. If the spy fails, try to lower the risk of detection. You get less accurate information, but even att the lowest accuracy you get useful information. Keep trying until you succeed.
    3. It is always to your benefit to win a battle against a Robber Baron. Coins, rubins, resources, XP etc.
    4. Be careful if you are going to attack Robber Barons on a level more than 1 or 2 higher than yours. If you are careless it can cost you a lot of troops and honor.

Good luck and hooka hey,
    G
    Garganticus @ WWW 2

Beginner
    It was me who started this thread and the definite answer to my question is: It makes no sense without something like
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...olution-Thread

Using the link, it gives a lot of money and some food. Spying is needed maybe for each forth attack only. Losses are low most of the time.
    Bourec @ WWW 2

Beginner
    Tbh, if you attack level 1 baron with 1 troops you have 100% succes
    If you attack level 2 baron with 2 troops you have 100% succes
    Its not always suggested to attack a baron with 2-3 levels higher then you..
    Last edited by Furious3lf; 30.03.2012 at 20:27.
    Thanks For Reading My Posts.
    You're Best Regerads,
    Furious3lf 8)

Beginner
    Use a mix of macemen and crossbows on the frontgate and macemen on the side wih latters on the sides with rams on the front gate only lost a total of 8 men hitting 1 level 10 robber baron.
    GodRhett @ WWW 2

Actually, if you do it correctly, you don't need more that 1 troop for 100% success on level 1 and only 2 for level 2.