Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Account Suspended for 10 Minutes?

Beginner

Account Suspended for 10 Minutes?

I left my laptop running with GGE on, and it went to sleep. I came back within 10-15 minutes and I noticed that I could not collect taxes and I crashed (this is normal however because during sleep mode you lose internet signal.) However, as the account was re logging me back in, it said that my account was suspended until and then 10 minutes past the current time. I obey the rules, dont hack and dont use inappropriate language.
    Has anything ever happened to anyone like this?
    It cant be too serious right- 10 minutes?
    And most importantly, what caused this so that I could avoid this in the future?
    PS Im not running any programs in the background either that could be illegitimate.
    BaiDuoShen @ usa 1

this happened to me, i contacted support, and they said it was because i was on for too long. i know, 10 minutes, ridiculous, right?
    Who's boss now?????:D
    Bossdude @ International 2

Beginner
    Yeah this is rediculous.
    Btw moderator, I just saw other threads from a month ago, and before you shut this down; Im not discussing my own suspension or specific details, Im wondering if this is a bug.
    BaiDuoShen @ usa 1

It's to counteract anyone who cheats by using a "clicker", which automatically collects taxes and recruits troops. By suspending your account it would stop the clicker from working, if you were using one. This usually happens when you've been very active, the software sees it as a possible cheat.

The 10 minute thing is actually quite nice as you can log back in fairly quickly. Better that a whole hour, or even more.

Haven't had it since I was about level 15 though, I think it stops once you get to a certain level.
    Leader of Team BSK-1975 on EN1

"Empire is a marathon, not a sprint" - Forrest G.

Not to seem rude, but please don't try to send me any forum messages, my inbox is full and will stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    It's to counteract anyone who cheats by using a "clicker", which automatically collects taxes and recruits troops. By suspending your account it would stop the clicker from working, if you were using one. This usually happens when you've been very active, the software sees it as a possible cheat.

The 10 minute thing is actually quite nice as you can log back in fairly quickly. Better that a whole hour, or even more.

Haven't had it since I was about level 15 though, I think it stops once you get to a certain level.
    Its called macroing.
    Badgame From the World 2

My name is Badgame because i thought this game gonna be bad, because its a "goodgame" empire

Quote Originally Posted by Badgame View Post
    Its called macroing.
    Thanks badgame, I did know that but it refused to make the journey from my brain to my fingers.
    Leader of Team BSK-1975 on EN1

"Empire is a marathon, not a sprint" - Forrest G.

Not to seem rude, but please don't try to send me any forum messages, my inbox is full and will stay that way.

Hey I know people who cheat in the game using clickers and they collect 7,000 coins in like 6 hours so it should be punished
    KING TOBI ROCKS8)...SO YOU DRUM:D International 2
    Level: 46
    Honour:1372
    Glory Ranking: Count
    Alliance:LegionOfKillers

Quote Originally Posted by King Tobi View Post
    Hey I know people who cheat in the game using clickers and they collect 7,000 coins in like 6 hours so it should be punished
    Hi King Tobi,

Perhaps you should tell us then!

Reagards,
    Malreyn

Please use the search function before posting to see if your question has already been answered! If you have a problem in the game you can contact support using the link below

Beginner
    Why punish the diligent collector? If youre taking the time to sit there and click for the resources, you must really need them. This suspension really wreaked havoc with my conquest plans.
    Mithridites @ usa 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridites View Post
    Why punish the diligent collector? If youre taking the time to sit there and click for the resources, you must really need them. This suspension really wreaked havoc with my conquest plans.
    We don't punish people for that at all. THe system only kicks you off it detects unusual activity on your account, such as a lot of login and logout requests close together, or logging in twice without logging out.

Regards,
    Malreyn

Please use the search function before posting to see if your question has already been answered! If you have a problem in the game you can contact support using the link below

Deathbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Malreyn View Post
    We don't punish people for that at all. THe system only kicks you off it detects unusual activity on your account, such as a lot of login and logout requests close together, or logging in twice without logging out.

Regards,
    Malreyn
    tis is true...... i leave my account on all night and i am not kicked off once so i dont know where you got the idea about being on for too long...
    Don't push me...
    Those who deny our freedom will see no mercy
    lvl 56 and growing only 4 more to go!!! if i can count them on my fingers i can certainly do it on the game!!!:D

Winner of the GIF contest swiftarrow21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tobi View Post
    You can do that anyway just click the 6 hours taxes.
    I Have left the game, but I am still on the forums, click the link below to go to the recruitment thread of my old alliance.
    Warbrotherhood
    The same reason that causes us to argue with a neighbour causes a war betwixt princes.~Michel De Montaigne.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Pinky View Post
    Swiftarrow21 is awesome!
    If you want a challenging puzzle, click here.

Beginner
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Malreyn View Post

Regards,
    Malreyn
    Before the suspension I was having another problem where it kept kicking me off. Saying I lost connection, but other tabs in IE didnt. Guess that combined with diligent collecting set off the alarms.
    Mithridites @ usa 1

Beginner
    I got 10 minute kick when having to re-login to refresh my screen because of server delays. The price of success is having to invest in faster servers and/or bandwidth to keep up with demand.
    Shalmaneser @ usa 1

The General
    IMO, these 10 min suspensions are perfectly reasonable. GGE have a valid point for implementing this, and it doesn't really affect users much. Anyway, if you've been on the PC for so long as to get a short ban, its about time you let your eyes rest awhile! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

No, level doesn't matter, I got one 10 min suspension recently. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftarrow21 View Post
    You can do that anyway just click the 6 hours taxes.
    However, for lower levels, its next to impossible to collect 7k coins using one tax. And higher levels wouldn't have any incentive to use a clicker if they can already collect so much. The risk of being banned just isn't worth it for them.
    ProStrategos @ EN 1

'Heroes fight to the death, but so do fools and lunatics.'

'All my villagers said they're fed up of food. They want beer or rubies. I'm all outta beer.' - MaJeStiic

Proud General of United and a Leader of the Guild of Unity!
    United We Stand!

Angry But why?!

I can not in my account for more than 2 weeks, almost 3. It says that it's suspended, but why? So I contacted support, after 10 days they are like please retry another new ticket. I again contacted support, I just can't wait anymore. The updates are just passing under my nose and my honor points is 400 from 2365(a friend showed me). This ain't just fair. Sooo.... what to do BESIDES THE SUPPORT

COME ON!! NO MORE ROYAL DUTIES, I know I am the king just level me up already.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOsama View Post
    after 10 days they are like please retry another new ticket. I again contacted support, I just can't wait anymore.
    Did you reply to the ticket or send a new one?

Malreyn

I sent a new one.

Can anyone CM or BM please close this thread, thanks CM Marleyn for trying to help at least. I got my account back.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 10.10.2012 at 23:03. Reason: posts merged due to multiple posting

COME ON!! NO MORE ROYAL DUTIES, I know I am the king just level me up already.

I just tried to log into both of my accounts 10/10/2012 and it isnt letting me on neither one of them? Its doing this same thing also saying i am suspended!?
    Dont be scared to send a friend request and a sword brother request :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by xCLOWDx View Post
    I just tried to log into both of my accounts 10/10/2012 and it isnt letting me on neither one of them? Its doing this same thing also saying i am suspended!?
    Make a ticket to support. What do you think malreyn told Great? Read before posting. Nobody on the forums can help you.
    Lordsaruman Level 40 at WWW1

Formerly from US1

BB Pirates member