Thread: Attack Outcome weighted towards attacker?

Beginner

Attack Outcome weighted towards attacker?

Hi,

I was recently attacked by 120 men against 127 of my own.

The first part of the battle on the walls, the attacker appeared to lose double to my own losses. However; by the time the battle reached the keep - the attacker was down to 51 men and myself 81.

The make-up of these troops was roughly similar (mixtures of Macemen, Bowmen, Crossbowmen). Admittedly I had some fodder militia-like men (the guys with pitchforks) in there - but my main troops still outnumbered his main combatants.

End outcome?

I lost all 81 - and the attacker only lost 15!!!

This looks completely out of sorts with what you might expect; from the numbers and troop makeups; and considering his men must have had a gruelling time fighting over the walls to even get to the Keep!

This was a substantial heavy loss at the Keep, and I am significantly surprised by it.

From my losses in numbers, I initially thought he must have higher-level troops to have so over-awed my own; but when they looked the same levels/types - it just doesn't seem to make sense.

What kind of sense is this??

Anyone any comments?

Does these odd outcomes arise often?
    jameybad @ en 1

You really think I am falling for that one?
    R u joking, outcomes are raised towards the defenders ( Defender has advantage)

He probably attacked with tools while you had none.
    Macemen are horrible in defence and farmers are the worst (check the stats)
    He might have attacked with elite troops.
    Comes down to this, I believe you are a beginner, lvl 20 or below.
    If he attacks with elite troops, or lvl 5 barrack troops then you are finished.
    Ive seen 70 troops beat 220 troops before, it comes down to stats my friend.
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Leader of Phoenix Sword and Leader of alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of OU

War is fought by pawns. We will never know what they feel, but only remember their actions.

Canada1 Server

#The Dream Lives On!

Beginner
    Yes - beginner. Lvl 14. Attacker was level 15, and whilst he has lvl 3 barracks - he only attacked with a mixture of Macemen and Crossbowmen. I had a mixture of Macemen, Crossbowmen, Spearmen and the odd Archer - and had higher numbers of all of these by the time he arrived at the Keep. Doesn't quite look right on the outcome really.
    jameybad @ en 1

User Title? ha! nice try! xJadetsssx's Avatar
    U:\L. SuperClusters\Virgo SuperClusters\LG. Group\Milky Way\Solar I. Neighborhood\Solar System\Earth
    There are some soldiers that the game count (like the farmers) those are terrible for example, and depending of the tools you use as a defender and the attacker's tools you will have more and less casualties, I once killed 624 elite attackers and only lost 15 defender troops, tools make a difference.

And yes, the defender more advantages not the attackers.
    Last edited by xJadetsssx; 19.10.2012 at 00:06.
    GGS New book:

Learn from the best with GGS!.

x
    Jadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun

You really think I am falling for that one?
    Quote Originally Posted by jameybad View Post
    Yes - beginner. Lvl 14. Attacker was level 15, and whilst he has lvl 3 barracks - he only attacked with a mixture of Macemen and Crossbowmen. I had a mixture of Macemen, Crossbowmen, Spearmen and the odd Archer - and had higher numbers of all of these by the time he arrived at the Keep. Doesn't quite look right on the outcome really.
    Oh well. You had attack troops in your main....NEVER do that.
    Dun Gon @ WWW 2
    Leader of Phoenix Sword and Leader of alliance empire, Phoenix. Proud member of OU

War is fought by pawns. We will never know what they feel, but only remember their actions.

Canada1 Server

#The Dream Lives On!

Beginner
    Maybe attacker have win all flank and middle and he got the 30 % bonus damage.

I don't know where but i'm sure a topic explains the flank/middle/flank mechanic in battle.
    Last edited by agagah; 19.10.2012 at 02:06.