Thread: Robber Baron Strategy

Robber Baron Strategy

!!!: I will update this thread regularly to include more Robber Baron Castles.

RBC = Robber Baron Castle
    11a = Level 11, 4 victories to level 12
    11b = Level 11, 3 victories to level 12

( I ): All Spy reports are 100% accuracy and show all tools and units. Remember that RBCs do 'Flank Flip', meaning they change left and right flank after a certain random time interval.
    We will not talk about tools in this thread as this would mean we have to include equipment as well. Handle all Castles as if you were without equipment or tools. Obviously everyone should use tools and equipment to improve performance.

Baron 11a
    Let's get this thread rolling with a question from my part.
    I just hit level 11 Robber Baron Castles. Everything leading up until now was pretty obvious, negating walls etc. I think the following will provide a bit more discussion than anything before level 11 RBCs.

11a

Best Assessment by Angua Whisper2 - Thank you!

11b

BLANK -
    Last edited by Gruthac; 23.02.2013 at 17:55.

- reserved -

Anyone feel like contributing?

The best strategy:WIN
    hanzolo @Canada1 #TheDreamLivesOn
    PM me if you wish to join the campaign
    Make a shoutout here

Because...logic

What i usually do for robber Barron castles is send a max number of troops with regular ladders and battering rams. at the most i will lose 4-5 troops. and keep in mind these are level 16 robber Barron castles with no espionage. I usually send out about 4 attacks at once so i believe there is no strategy needed; just brute force.
    Middlebrooks Alliance
    -BithTheBlack @ usa 1

Super Noob aat Level 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruthac View Post
    !!!: I will update this thread regularly to include more Robber Baron Castles.

RBC = Robber Baron Castle
    11a = Level 11, 4 victories to level 12

( I ): All Spy reports are 100% accuracy and show all tools and units. Remember that RBCs do 'Flank Flip', meaning they change left and right flank after a certain random time interval.
    We will not talk about tools in this thread as this would mean we have to include equipment as well. Handle all Castles as if you were without equipment or tools. Obviously everyone should use tools and equipment to improve performance.

Baron 11a
    Let's get this thread rolling with a question from my part.
    I just hit level 11 Robber Baron Castles. Everything leading up until now was pretty obvious, negating walls etc. I think the following will provide a bit more discussion than anything before level 11 RBCs.

11a

BLANK - I am leaving this space for an explanation/solution to this RBC. The best solution will be recognized.
    my comments a simple

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...er-Baron-Guide

please read and download the spreadsheet inside that thread
    it already nearly tell u..what to do
    Conqueror9 @ au 1

You do not have 100% sure info until you have the batte report from a succesful attack. numbers can vary even if all troop types are revealed.

The front is well defended with a troop-mix that ask to do a mixed attack to win on brute force overwhelm, negating wall and gate will cost a lot of ladders and rams, more than you need to take both flanks. So I would avoid it and do the flanks instead. with forces that can later combine to become that overwhelming mixed force angainst ther remaining defenders. One flanks should get crossbows, the other should get macemen (or 2-hand swords if you have them)

Not sure how many men you can put on the flanks. below I am guessing 9. more would be better

To figure out which side gets what look at the defenders defence values

right flank attacking:
    9 x-bow attack: 9*39 = 351 total attack. 39 pr defender
    5 spear defending with 8 (40) + 4 mace defending with 23 (92). 40+92 = 132 total defense. 15 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 3 xbows
    9 mace attack: 9*38 = 342 total attack. 38 pr defender
    5 spear defending with 40 (200) + 4 mace defending with 4 (16) = 216 total defence. 23 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 5 maces
    9 twohand sword attack: 9*107 = 963 total attack. 107 pr defender
    5 spear defending with 40 (200) + 4 mace defending with 4 (16) = 216 total defence. 23 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 2 Twohand swords

left flank attacking:
    9 x-bow attack: 9*39 = 351 total attack. 35 pr defender
    5 bows defending with 42 (210) + 5 xbow defending with 7 (35). 210+35 = 245 total defense. 25 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 5 xbows
    9 mace attack: 9*38 = 342 total attack. 34 pr defender
    5 bows defending with 9 (45) + 5 xbow defending with 20 (100) = 145 total defence. 16 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 4 maces
    9 twohand sword attack: 9*107 = 963 total attack. 96 pr defender
    5 bows defending with 9 (45) + 5 xbow defending with 20 (100) = 45 total defence. 23 pr attacker
    -- expect to loose 2 Twohand swords

So best attack force for the courtyard fight is either
    5 mace + 5 xbows (you will probably win but the battle wont pay for the soldiers lost)
    or
    14 twohand swords. win by overwhelm with 2-3 losses

If you do not have twohand swords yet, you may want to wait, and spend the time expanding the number of robber baron castles you loot.

NB: We have totally ignored items on your general and also the item boost of the RBCs, By the time you reach castle 11 you 'should' be able to match the 15%,15% of the RBC.

regards Angua
    Angua Whisper @ skn 1

Update 11b

Quote Originally Posted by BithTheBlack View Post
    What i usually do for robber Barron castles is send a max number of troops with regular ladders and battering rams. at the most i will lose 4-5 troops. and keep in mind these are level 16 robber Barron castles with no espionage. I usually send out about 4 attacks at once so i believe there is no strategy needed; just brute force.
    I want to beg to differ on your last comment. There is strategy involved if you want to maximize your gains and minimize losses. Yes, you can probably just overrun any RBC, but you will have more losses than someone that optimizes an attack, which is what I am asking for here.

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror9 View Post
    my comments a simple

http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...er-Baron-Guide

please read and download the spreadsheet inside that thread
    it already nearly tell u..what to do
    I am aware of this post and have read and understood it fully. This thread is supposed to be an in depth discussion on the troop formation alone. That post is also dated, still mostly accurate, but dated. Feel free to publicize your strategy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Angua Whisper2 View Post
    You do not have 100% sure info until you have the batte report from a succesful attack. numbers can vary even if all troop types are revealed.

regards Angua
    Thank you very much for your elaborate breakdown. I will link it with 11a.
    In regards to what I am quoting you on above. This statement of yours is plainly false. a 100% spy report is accurate, always. Numbers on this report do not vary. The whole point of a 100% report is to have a full assessment of troop strength. I have cleared this camp and, lo and behold, the numbers of defenders matched the numbers from my spy report. This has been the case since level one RBCs.

Moving on to 11b. Feel free to keep discussing 11a.

Hmmm i see your point, i never thought of it as maximizing resource gain. Ill try planning verses raw attack strategies.
    Middlebrooks Alliance
    -BithTheBlack @ usa 1