Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cowards.

Cowards.

Okay, we are in the war, and I get being attacked is part of this, I happen to play a lot of war games. No big deal to me. Having said that, I will give credit where it is due, as a foe, at least when RandomChaos clashed with the main branch of Leviathan, those guys showed integrity and honor to keep attacks on me and my higher level generals, and avoid hitting the lower guys, the newbs, the ones that could in no way defend themselves, so kudos to Kas and Levi for that much.

Now is where the cowards show up. Randomchaos partook in a multi alliance strike on North Star the other day, we did so once before to help those that North Star had put pressure on, In that first fight, Sam, the leader, declined a challenge from me for a 60 vs 60 duel as he was attacking a level 43 alongside one of his players, he basically ran from a challenge. North Star went for weak players, and much lower levels than themselves, yesterday, after the attack on our 2 and only 2 targets, Rogue who opened gates, he was a high level player, now is a 60, and level 54 Lala Musa, notice the levels folks, close to level 60 targets, Musa was let to burn by his/her mates. The response by cowardly Northstar and the yellow belly Sam the Man came at RandomChaos and went after level 39's down to level 23 players.

That is correct, where we went respectably for high level targets, a bunch of high level NS players went after folks who had not even been of the 8 who hit them, some who had joined us right after that attack or were so new in our group as to not be able to even contemplate fighting such high level players, but attack those they did.
    Whilst I had no computer access, they finally hit me, finally they got the nerve to attack a level 60 with their oh so brave and mighty players of their high levels. but the way they attacked lower level players makes me think that Sam the Man deserves no respect, and if I were running Leviathan I would cut them loose for such low tactics that show cowardice and dishonor, giving a bad name to the family of alliances of which they claim to be in. Alas, I am not in charge of that august alliance where they went at those who Could take it as first targets. One of my people even said some malarkey about us attacking low levels was used as an excuse for these attacks of low level players, which I will for the record state that I make it a point of honor to stay with attacks on those inside of 10 levels of my players as a benchmark of honorable battle, but North Star went as fare as 33 levels lower in their attacks, maybe 37 as a 60 hitting a 23 is as low as it goes. But getting his players to attack like that by lying? so coward and liar can be attached to Sam the Man? I will applaud Mattdps2 for asking questions of our reasons and intents for this war.

Mark my words, we may be small, but we are mighty!
    Last edited by Lenzabi; 21.03.2013 at 20:52.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

Proudly leading Watchtower-FT, part of the Fight Team family of alliances.

Student
    I think this is a complex issue. Were you in a war? If so, I disagree with you. I find no use attacking lower level players for honor and/or glory -if those attacks give any, that is. But a war is a war, and everything goes or pretty soon you are going to question other issues such as the tools or the troops used. For example, what about those horror troops that we could buy for 50000 rubies a few days ago? What about using ruby tools against resource tools? I know that it is the player's choice, but is there any honor on nukeing a fly even it the poor oponent is your same level? There is for some people, and there isn't for others. Attacking the weakest spot while in a war has nothing to do with honor or dishonor.
    CAIVS
    lvl: 6
    WWW 1

Student
    maate you dragged your low levels into war and you expect that they won't get touched? really? so you want you n 7 others alone - then ick the rest out duuuur
    mate u can't drag an army into a fight n expect your opposition to listen to you and do as u please n leave 75% of your army alive
    a bit stupid..
    General of Greek empire.

I own the fire sparta league , to join ask me , we stick together we die together.

Gesperrt
    tl;dr (I am just writing now so i have enough characters to post)

Just saying I have had honorable fights even in wars, and then there was the cowardly ways of them hitting low levels before even considering touching my castles as if they were afraid of me when I was awake. even in a war, most go for the bigger threat first. we had hit them as part of the Neph lead attack, the counter attack was pretty weak going for the lower noobs because they knew I was awake for most of the day.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

Beginner
    you have 6 now mi lord
    Foambarrier @ usa 1

Did you make arrangements for the war ahead of time? Some alliances do this and say only above a certain level attack each other. If your in an all out war attacking your weakest point will provide the most death to your enemy if they support it. If they don't support it and leave the weaker players to be set on fire this will also help because then the other side has complainers in their alliance or people leaving because of it. Either way it helps to attack lower level players for those reason. Good luck to you and yours that you bring in to war that aren't ready for it or don't want to be involved at all.
    8) King caliwoods the Terrible @ usa 1 8)

I'm mostly venting until I can launch some form of attack again. My lower levels at least are learning things. As I stated earlier, even in an all out war, I have had honorable opponents, and then there is this bunch who are a stain of a yellow color on other associated with them.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

There's a thread about whining somewhere around here.....

I guess what some do not seem to get is that at level 60, it seems like no challenge to hit anyone lower than 10 levels beneath me, and I cannot see the challenge in attacking the lower ranks, other than as caliwoods said, to make them complain, be protected and use up defense troops, or make them quit the alliance and or the game as some seem to do when they are hit so low level by a 60.

Making them complain, well, they may, and the leader will have to have an answer for the complaints

Using up defenders, yes that can drain defenders because even with 5 open recruiting slots per castle, it still takes time to get the numbers back up., true story.

Making members leave an alliance, well that will show who the more stalwart players are and who were the fair weather friend kind of players, at least if they stay playing there is a chance to fight them, but why take back a weak link after the war is over? best to let them go to another alliance that will likely not fight and play this game as if it were farmville I suppose.

Make them quit the game, similar to above, but really, why make it so folks quit when they have gotten somewhere? it is tiresome to see castles ruin and see more low ranked noobs all over the place when they quit at a huge rate anyway.

Oh Porky man, I have seen you complain and not call it whining. I want the game to stay healthy, a rant thread like this also can paint a target on the poster of the thread, ever think of that?

I am not complaining about the war, nor that we are in combat, just that having faced those who take the more challenging fights of fighting at high levels and not going low, and that I went at targets in my range, seeing an opponent that fought in the manner and way NS has that I find them despicable, and deplorable combatants, like in a race where someone would sabotage a vehicle to get that edge. Not only did I complain about them hitting the lower levels, but that they also LIED about us to get these attacks to go. As I stated, I make it a point to make sure my people are assigned to targets no lower than 10 or fewer levels than themselves, it is a point of pride and honor for me to not assign attacks lower than that. I guess I may be a bit odd there, but I have learned that in the future, unless we are at war again, I likely will not trust Sam or NS to engage in honorable combat and will not bother with them in the future unless they provoke us. We just could not accept neutrality with them as they still claim to be part of Leviathan, but once the war is over, and Leviathan goes to peace we can accept peace from them then, or if they drop from leviathan or get kicked from them.

But one the war is over, we will not engage with NS if we can help it.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenzabi View Post
    As I stated earlier, even in an all out war, I have had honorable opponents, and then there is this bunch who are a stain of a yellow color on other associated with them.
    With all due respect, I want to point out that that is just your opinion. That bunch, as you refer to them, are simply doing whatever they are supposed to do, and I doubt that anyone associated with them would think otherwise.
    CAIVS
    WWW 1

Beginner
    what is this i could beat ya in war

Student
    I hear you, Lenzabi, but where do you draw the line?

You say no more than 10 levels above or below a given player. That sounds fair.

Now, what about alliances? How many levels above or below?

Then, how many more or less members in that alliance than in the other? And if that alliance is in a family, how many more or less divisions than in the other family?

If we are going to talk about lines to cross or not to cross, the bottom one is that once you answer these questions and the many other questions that those imply, the only room left in the game is upgrading buildings -and, even so, you will find more than one player that complains about the noise your contractors make, especially on weekends.

The way I see it, the answer is much simpler: This is war.
    CAIVS
    WWW 1

I agree with Lenzabi. Those high level players were cowards attacking those low levels. My alliance is blue brothers
    and we are honorable. If you need any help just search the name Sonjey on the map cause I have castles
    in green and winter. If I was stronger than level 44 I would give those cowards a piece of my mind.....
    Sonjey

Quote Originally Posted by CAIVS View Post
    I hear you, Lenzabi, but where do you draw the line?

You say no more than 10 levels above or below a given player. That sounds fair.

Now, what about alliances? How many levels above or below?

Then, how many more or less members in that alliance than in the other? And if that alliance is in a family, how many more or less divisions than in the other family?

If we are going to talk about lines to cross or not to cross, the bottom one is that once you answer these questions and the many other questions that those imply, the only room left in the game is upgrading buildings -and, even so, you will find more than one player that complains about the noise your contractors make, especially on weekends.

The way I see it, the answer is much simpler: This is war.
    Since we are a fairly low alliance, level 7, we would stick with fighting as close to that as possible if they are lower, so maybe no worse than a 5 as alliance levels are very different than player levels. as for the number of p[layers of the other alliance, we have been seeking only to engage those with a similar number of players maybe a bit more, no less than say 15members. more than that and it would be a harsher advantage than say 4-6 difference in players, and try to find players in all our player's ranges, some alliances that might cause trouble may be such that me attacking would be out of the question, reducing me to maybe sabotage as all can sabotage regardless of levels and power. sabotage also is small harm compared to a massive army hit that puts 30 or so castles ablaze in one go. Yep this is war, and we will do what we need to to keep in the fight.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

Student
    I've complained about it in the past but really it is just a thing you have to accept as a way of life and the way that the game is played. As it has been stated many times on these boards by alliances that follow the "ten level rule", that rules such as that do not apply in war.

If you choose to play "honorably" and attack players that match up fairly then more power to you, if not then so be it, either way really it is your decision and your business.
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi

Yeah, still had to vent about this or explode. got it off my chest so I feel better for it. Now to plan on how to kick me some yellow star backside in
    Lenzabi @ usa 1

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenzabi View Post
    Yep this is war, and we will do what we need to to keep in the fight.
    That's what your opponent does.
    CAIVS
    WWW 1

Beginner
    Same thing the British were saying during the Revolutionary war. Maybe you need to upgrade your strategy? While were on it, where were your defenders during the attacks? One of the reasons for an alliance is for defensive support. I've lost plenty of men supporting others. Part of the game.
    mightyMmac @ usa 1

Quote Originally Posted by mightyMmac View Post
    Same thing the British were saying during the Revolutionary war. Maybe you need to upgrade your strategy? While were on it, where were your defenders during the attacks? One of the reasons for an alliance is for defensive support. I've lost plenty of men supporting others. Part of the game.
    Definitely spent defenders the past couple of days.
    Lenzabi @ usa 1