Thread: defense tips

Cool defense tips

when defending you have to understand what is happening.So first, what happens is the attackers and the defenders fight for control of the wall.The attackers have to beat one at least.If they do the fight continues to the courtyard where the fight for the keep is.
    Now if they don't win any flanks or they lose the battle for the keep then you are safe.So that's why this thread is here.
    ;) dats me!

If you win two flanks as defense then you get a 30% attack boost while fighting in the courtyard!
    Last edited by giddy_boy; 30.03.2013 at 16:17.
    ;) dats me!

Beginner
    Also wait until you can see the oncoming attackers formation, to set yours up likewise. If you are not online when it happens, set your defense to 50-0-50, or other variations.
    Proud member of LOF: USMC. Splatzit@Canada1 #DreamLivesOn
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"- John Wooden

Cool

also when making your defense i recommend making your flanks 50% on each side like this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ;) dats me!

This also works well:

hey guys
    the defense should be 0-0-100 or 100-0-0 like blackdrgn and you have to place the tools in every flank
    vijaytheking @ international 1
    general of crusaders1

if you put like that ,only place tools in 100% flank because others tools won't be of any use ( you can't expect the tools can use themselves right ). Also, I mostly prefer 0-100-0 when offline. 650 seems very large but they can only put around 150 per waves which can easily be negated with right tools. Also, you can kill off 650 troops with much less lost
    icepika @ en 1

Quote Originally Posted by icepika View Post
    if you put like that ,only place tools in 100% flank because others tools won't be of any use ( you can't expect the tools can use themselves right ). Also, I mostly prefer 0-100-0 when offline. 650 seems very large but they can only put around 150 per waves which can easily be negated with right tools. Also, you can kill off 650 troops with much less lost
    they don't get used if no troops are in those flanks.

Beginner
    I don't like collapsing to defend only one part of the wall. I know that it negates any courtyard combat boost but it also leaves the door wide open for your attacker to take the other two parts of the wall and march straight into your courtyard untouched.

The only time I collapsed the slider to defend one part of the wall (think it was the front) I took much heavier losses than usual. In my opinion, it only makes sense to defend your entire wall. It's your first line of defense and where you deal out the most damage.
    Garrex @ usa 1

Quote Originally Posted by Garrex View Post
    I don't like collapsing to defend only one part of the wall. I know that it negates any courtyard combat boost but it also leaves the door wide open for your attacker to take the other two parts of the wall and march straight into your courtyard untouched.

The only time I collapsed the slider to defend one part of the wall (think it was the front) I took much heavier losses than usual. In my opinion, it only makes sense to defend your entire wall. It's your first line of defense and where you deal out the most damage.
    That is for an offline defense.
    Usually you outnumber the attacker by heaps because of support, so defending one wall is safer.