Thread: Why Can't People Play Honorably?

Beginner

Why Can't People Play Honorably?

Where to begin…I have been minding my own business on USA1. I’m level 26, and am more than willing to defend attacks from other players. I am not in an alliance, because I just started about 2 weeks ago, and decided to just check it out and see, and I'm not sure right now whether I can commit to an alliance, because I am traveling to a place that will have spotty internet service, so I'm afraid that I may have a hard time contributing right now. So up until today I have successfully defended against two attacks from players that were 9 and 16 levels higher than me. These were fair attacks (this is a war game after all) I have not been aggressive in any way to anyone as of today, and have not been attacking anyone of consequence; in particular I have not attacked anyone from the alliance or related alliances that have been attacking me. This afternoon I have been attacked 11 times by Lions Lair Too. Starting with a level 49, which is 23 levels higher than me. Then there was levels 40, 29, 48, 13, 28, the same 29 twice, 20, and a 41. I was a good sport about this and successfully defended my main castle against 1016 of Lions Lair Too’s men (I killed them all). I also was attacked by someone else this evening who is a level 34 and sent 246 men who I also killed. Then after I did all that all afternoon, a level 61 from Lions Lair Too attacked my outpost, which is not armored yet. I’m a level 26, and there is no way that I could have defended my outpost, because I have not had enough time, strength, or resources to even armor it yet (I went up a level today just fending off attacks, so I only today in the middle of these attacks was capable of strengthening my towers). The guy who attacked it sent 177 Veteran Macemen, 166 Veteran Crossbowmen, 3 regular Macemen, and 17 regular Crossbowmen. –This is ridiculous. I mean the rest of his alliance, high and low level, at least had the courage (I use that word loosely) to attack my main castle which is fairly well developed (this is at least somewhat honorable)—this level 61 coward, however, not only attacked a player that is 35 levels lower than him, but also, was too scared to see what would happen if he attacked in a somewhat fair way—at least a 26 level castle that was defensible against such a force. Needless to say he was too scared to lose his men after the rest of his alliance already lost so many.
    I guess what makes me most angry about all this is that I was looking for posts in this forum related to Lions Lair Too, and found the apparent Lions Lair family founder who was talking about starting this alliance to “train” people to play this game well and justly. Fast-forward to today, and I just defended against a bunch of people, that I did nothing to agitate, other than to defend against their attacks. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I don’t have a problem with defending against a somewhat fair fight, even when the odds are not in my favor, which happened a lot today; but I do have a problem with defending against something that is indefensible, and someone who is more than twice my level. It’s not like I lost a lot or anything, just some honor, but I don't understand how this guy won honor, when what he did is unhonorable; it’s the principle of the matter. So now that I’ve vented, I’m sure that I’m about to be attacked by a bunch more, but what are they really trying to prove? I’d really like to know why people can’t just play honorably.
    Brendallania @ usa 1

Chocolate-Ice Cream
    Ummm. You may have done something to annoy them. It is almost unheard of for an alliance to just suddenly start picking on one player. It almost never happens too, because of the honour drop you get. If a level 61 attacked you they would have gotten a HUGE drop. So you may just have had too much honour for your level, which meant they could attack you without dropping honour. Perhaps they got annoyed when you defended 1060 men (how many men can level 26 hold????), and decided to see if someone in their alliance could succeed.
    Last edited by Alkira11; 13.04.2013 at 09:19. Reason: mistakes
    Alkira11 @ au 1

Beginner
    Thanks for the response. Yea, I had a lot of honor today because I defended against all of them today. I did not attack them they attacked me; and I defended myself. I don’t see why that would annoy reasonable people. I’m new, so I don’t know what he got, but I lost 56 honor on his attack, so I assume he got 56? The point isn’t that they attacked me unprovoked; the point is that he attacked a much lower player not at the castle that I had been defending all day against his alliance, but an outpost that was absolutely no match for him. If he had attacked my main castle, and played honorably, I would have just let it go. He for sure should have been able to conquer my developed castle, after all I’m a level 26 and he is a 61. That was the castle that they were attacking all day. If he had been doing it just to see if someone could succeed in his alliance, then why didn’t he attack the castle that everyone else in his alliance had been working on all day?
    As for:
    “It is almost unheard of for an alliance to just suddenly start picking on one player.”
    I was surprised too, because I honestly have not attacked any of them or their related alliances. One of the other guys that I defended against from a different alliance was really cool..He sent me a message asking how I defended against him, and he said if I told him he’d give me some resources. After we exchanged messages a couple times he said he was 12. I mean if a 12 year old can be such a great sport, I totally have quite a bit of faith in a lot of people who play this game; but today, with Lions Lair Too, was something else.
    Brendallania @ usa 1

Student
    The irony here is completely off the charts, I'm not even sure if this is real life.

King Thomas makes this thread: http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...ght=lions+lair

Pretty much complains about bigger players and alliances mis-treating the small guys. Then a Lions Lair sub does the exact same thing to a player not in an alliance.

In that thread he goes on about smaller alliances not knowing what they are doing and how he wants to teach them how to stand up to the bigger players. Based on the aledged results of the attacks from Lions Lair Too it is clear that King Thomas failed here as it is apparent that Lions Lair Too have no idea what they are doing
    Lift Heavy and Take a Multi

Beginner
    Thank you for the response. I know, right? I read the same post when I was trying to find out if they were some sort of rogue alliance or something—then I found that post. To be fair, I set my defenses week so that if they do get past my guards, they don’t think I have anything, however, you would think that after the third or fourth successful defense they would have figured me out. It was clearly a coordinated effort, because they sent the higher levels first to ware me down and then sent some lower levels to pick up the scraps. Then after I kept killing them they started sending fewer and fewer men, while I kept reinforcing. I can understand that they were upset that I took out over a thousand of their men, but what was I supposed to do, just take it?
    Brendallania @ usa 1

join an alliance. You may not be very active and contribute much but there are alliance like that too. lv26 in two weeks and successfully defense so much like proved that you are strong enough. Never be alone. Even in big alliance, they usually accept even for not very active member as long as you are strong enough. Try to find some good alliance around you
    icepika @ en 1

proper noob
    Its good that in the other topic usa1 players stating there are standards on their server lol
    Gaz The Boss @ en 1

Hey Brendallania,

Ultimately, this game is all about alliances. Some higher level players prefer to go it alone but as a level 26 you'll find it tough.

There is no excuse for the mass attacking that I can think of, all I can say is that the level of morality in that alliance must be pretty low.

If you were on my server I'd probably invite you into my alliance as you seem to know how to play the game (those defended attacks) and you can be articulate and understanding. These are good traits in this game.

I would suggest, like others have, that you try to find an alliance. Don't rush into anything, instead, find an alliance you can talk to and one that has the morals that you aspire to. If you are a ruby player, which it seems you may be, I would advise you to find an alliance with members above your level. If you join a resource player alliance with members at your own level you'll probably end up outgrowing them.

Good luck with the game.
    Leader of Team BSK-1975 on EN1

"Empire is a marathon, not a sprint" - Forrest G.

Not to seem rude, but please don't try to send me any forum messages, my inbox is full and will stay that way.

Ok first of all if your level 26 you should join a alliance. Your ok without a alliance for like the first 15 or so levels then you will start getting attacked. I don't mean time after time after time after time, what I mean is sometimes you will be attacked at a out post by a high level player so one of their alliances lower level players, sometimes you'll be attacked because you accidently made them mad, sometimes its just cause you give one of their players honor points and glory points.

And when you defended against those attacks and won, well . . . . that didn't make them happy that they lost. I'm not really seeing how its unhonorable to have someone attack you and win, believe me, you have more stuff coming but that's not really important the point is sometimes you will loose, I know that that attack was unfair, theirs no way that after all those attacks you could have defended against vet troops, but unhonorable? I'm sorry i'm just not seeing it, but again, you should join a alliance.
    This is the best advice I can give you.
    8)8)8)BRITO2493 THE AWESOME

I'm PROUD TO SUPPORT GOODGAME EMPIRE, THE BEST GAME EVER MADE!!

Beginner
    Hey Brendallania, me and my friend are both new to the game as well and are forming an alliance (including my brother) very soon. We are moving our castles as we speak to what seems to be a nice area with lots of open space and seemingly safer neighbors. If you want to join in, send me a message.

Our levels are:
    14 (about a week of playing)
    11 (about three days)
    8 (about two days)

I may have other friends and fellow gamers to join in that may or may not be extremely active.

If anyone else would like to join, let me know!
    glassfist @ usa 1

Beginner
    Brendallania Rufstuf Realm is currently recruiting and Lions Lair Too is near us. We offer good protection so if you would like to join message me, or the leader sirokko
    Proud member of LOF: USMC. Splatzit@Canada1 #DreamLivesOn
    "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail"- John Wooden

Beginner
    Thanks for all the responses, I found an alliance, or rather it found me. Thanks again.
    Brendallania @ usa 1