Thread: A few Good Questions here.

Beginner

A few Good Questions here.

Hey guys, I've been playing this game for a while now and I'm starting to wonder about a few things.

First of all there is something that bothers me in my main castle, when i put my mouse over the bar that describes my public order, there is something called "Unrest" and it's ALWAYS been at 0... At first I though "OH! It must be when I cut the thief's throat instead to always free him for money" so the next 3 times that the thief was caught i executed him instead of letting him go... it would make alot of sense that when you kill a thief, the public order of a city would go up right? Serves as an example like they say... but no... no increase at all. So this makes 2 questions, what is this Unrest, how do I get it to move, and what does killing the thief do, refusing the money must have some kind of alternative benefit right? Unless I just have to kill him more times than the amount of times I let him go, in that case it's gonna take another 10-12 times that I execute him until I get rewarded because at first I didn't know and I always free him for the money he gave me.

Also... I really want to know why some very good player put like 14 farmhouse in a castle where there is 100% occupancy rate for 3 plants. Are they stupid or there is some kind of bonus when you have more than 10? Because after the 3rd the efficiency of the plant goes down so much that the 4th "extra" plant is TOTALLY USELESS and the ones after even more... so I really don't get why they would put FOURTEEN farmhouses unless there is a secret bonus that I ignore of. The first extra plant is always something I build because it's 75% which is still very good, but the ones after that are retarded so much the rate is bad. It goes like this : 56%, 42%, 31% and what's after that, let's say 23% then 18% then 15% then 11% ????? what's the rate of the 14th building... 1% ? Why would he build it? There has to be something I don't know there, or they are just stupid and they ignore the fact that after 3 the rate is bad, but how can they be so stupid and still be lv70? Rich ruby player??? Enlighten me on this please. What is it I don't know here...

I do have more questions but I guess I'll make another post about them because if I post all of them in same thread most wont get answered. so just answer theses ones for now and thank you for your time.

TLDR;

What is "unrest", What does killing the thief do? Why people build 14 farmhouse?
    KrAcKeD @ usa 1

Hi

Okay, so unrest is caused by things like fires, which you get when you are attacked and lose. The unrest increases the more buildings are on fire and the more damage is done. As you repair the buildings the unrest will decrease.

Nothing happens to killing the thief. They are just some extra ways to get resources or coins and appear randomly. But they have no effect on the actual game.

People build 14 farmhouses to earn more food an hour to have a bigger army. This is usually paired why high public order.

EDIT: Removed quote because it caused a super long post.

EDIT2: Jades post is better :P
    Last edited by Terriah; 26.04.2013 at 17:51.
    Terriah @ en 1

User Title? ha! nice try! xJadetsssx's Avatar
    U:\L. SuperClusters\Virgo SuperClusters\LG. Group\Milky Way\Solar I. Neighborhood\Solar System\Earth
    Unrest is the amount of public order reduced by burning buildings or buildings in rubble in your castle, 0 is where it should stay ;D.

Every building on fire or rubble decreases PO by 10.

Killing the thief apparently don't do anything, or affects PO or anything.

In the main castle in the Empire kingdom 14 farmhouses is not that smart, but in an outpost it is.

Since outposts can have 8 or 6 occupancy rate for food you will notice that a 14th plant of food with good public order will still produce a decent amount of food, in other main castles of other kingdoms villages greatly affects the amount of food produced either so having maybe around 7 plants above occupancy rate is nice.
    GGS New book:

Learn from the best with GGS!.

x
    Jadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun

grumpy old codger therealsporer's Avatar
    at low and mid lvls building a 16th lvl 10 farmhouse to get an additional 7 food an hour seems ridiculous. at high lvls, you have to balance it against the fact that there is nothing better to build. would you rather have that little tiny bit of food, or no additional food?
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Then the father hen will call his chicken's home
    The wise man will bow down before the throne
    And at his feet they will cast their golden crowns
    When the man comes around

User Title? ha! nice try! xJadetsssx's Avatar
    U:\L. SuperClusters\Virgo SuperClusters\LG. Group\Milky Way\Solar I. Neighborhood\Solar System\Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by therealsporer View Post
    at low and mid lvls building a 16th lvl 10 farmhouse to get an additional 7 food an hour seems ridiculous. at high lvls, you have to balance it against the fact that there is nothing better to build. would you rather have that little tiny bit of food, or no additional food?
    However, too many farmhouses is counterproductive, since you can remove 2 and build a park and maybe get more food per hour (because of the increase in PO), than both of the farmhouses together.
    GGS New book:

Learn from the best with GGS!.

x
    Jadetsssx @ Ɩ ǝsɹǝʌıun

yeah, for me building that park got me 13 food from better PO, replacing with a farm at 7 and a farm at 10 made sense in my castle. when I get to the point of demolishing even more of my resource buildings that dynamic may shift again.

added:
    the way i did it was to fill my castle with parks, then store 1, and calculate how much food i lost from doing that. if building 2 more farms would be more food than keeping the park i kept the park stored and built the farms.
    Last edited by therealsporer; 26.04.2013 at 18:39. Reason: added info
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Just good information
    keep1 @ usa 1

Yeaaaaaaahhh Buddy!
    Know who says that?
    No? Then you are a bit
    young to post

Beginner
    That's nice... So you're saying all these times I've decided to kill the thief not only did I NOT GAIN the money it was giving me, but I also LOST the amount it cost to kill the thief, at ABSOLUTELY NO BENEFIT AT ALL to the public order or anything else... Would you... as a game producer company, Invent such a thing, where you get a choice between having -100 ressource OR 1000 ressource, and it's really a choice, with the lack of information behind the choice to make it look like you actually get a better benefit from choosing the -100... SERIOUSLY, it makes me sick to see people who call themselves game designers and programmers instate such a system with absiolutely no reward for choosing to kill the thief, it would make PERFECT SENSE that the public order is increased when a criminal is killed, even the game message says "It serves as an example for others" so it DEFINATELY SHOULD increase the public order.......... it's a DISGRACE that it doesnt. GGE, FIX THIS ASAP, ITS AN EASY FIX JUST MAKE AN ADDITIONAL STATUS IN PUBLIC ORDER AND ADD THIS, EVERYTIME U KILL THE THIEF YOU GET +10 PO AND WHEN YOU RELEASE IT FOR MONEY YOU GET -10.

And when you say "There is nothing else to build" Are you forgetting that you can always build a dwelling that will in any circumstances increase your money per hour? Also... are you taking in consideration that a farmhouse level 10 costs..... omg... so many ressource if you consider all the wood and stone used to build each upgrade, over the period of how much time if you consider it's an extra "7 food per hour" putting the ratio of 1 food = 1 wood/1 stone. will you have make it even? 3 months ? maybe 4?. it's ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS to build more than the max amount of plants the outpost has 100% efficiency +2, the 75% and the 56% are OK, anything below 50% is a waste, not to even question the ones who have 10% efficiency.... sheesh. A game like this requires food for you to have the army size, BUT... since you cannot have the army AND the food production at the same time, you should ABSOLUTELY have something like a barter open 24/7 but not as an option to trade with the system, but rather as an option to trade with other players. You could sell ressources at a certain price (gold) and buy other ressources with that money. There was a system like this in EVONY. and it made the game MUCH MUCH better. GGE Should DEFINATELY implement a barter system with other players so that there is MORE INTERACTIVITY between players and it makes the holding of an army POSSIBLE. Don't you all agree?
    KrAcKeD @ usa 1

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by KrAcKeD View Post
    And when you say "There is nothing else to build" Are you forgetting that you can always build a dwelling that will in any circumstances increase your money per hour? Also... are you taking in consideration that a farmhouse level 10 costs..... omg... so many ressource if you consider all the wood and stone used to build each upgrade, over the period of how much time if you consider it's an extra "7 food per hour" putting the ratio of 1 food = 1 wood/1 stone. will you have make it even? 3 months ? maybe 4?. it's ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS to build more than the max amount of plants the outpost has 100% efficiency +2, the 75% and the 56% are OK, anything below 50% is a waste, not to even question the ones who have 10% efficiency.... sheesh.
    With 200%+ public order, a level 3 flour mill, and fully researched crop rotation, a farmhouse a level 10 farmhouse at 17% occupancy rate can still produce 50 food an hour. That's definitely worth it in my book. It may not seem like it at your level, but when you get up into the 50s and 60s, the resources needed to upgrade a farmhouse to level 10 really isn't that much.
    A game like this requires food for you to have the army size, BUT... since you cannot have the army AND the food production at the same time, you should ABSOLUTELY have something like a barter open 24/7 but not as an option to trade with the system, but rather as an option to trade with other players. You could sell ressources at a certain price (gold) and buy other ressources with that money. There was a system like this in EVONY. and it made the game MUCH MUCH better. GGE Should DEFINATELY implement a barter system with other players so that there is MORE INTERACTIVITY between players and it makes the holding of an army POSSIBLE. Don't you all agree?
    Adding some sort of official marketplace specifically for organizing trades has been suggested before. Right now though, most players just trade with their alliance members, organizing it through chat.
    Sparkster @ WWW 2

[This space reserved for brilliant quote, just as soon as I think of one]

Beginner
    Can you tell the ratio at which the occupancy rate goes down?

In your main castle for example, all resources have an occupancy rate of 100% for 3 plants, the 4th is 75%, 5th is 56, 6th 43, what is the rest, up to the most known... I'd like to know that please. Up to the 12TH extra plant even if possible.

Also I want to know, for someone who is level 28, is it good to have a town where you built an enormous amount of dwellings and just try to either collect tax at the most efficient rate (every 10 minutes) or the second most efficient rate (every 24 hours), one of my town has BY ITSELF over 1000 habitants, in total, i have 1875 habitants and it gives me around 625 gold per 10 minutes for someone level 28, that is absolutely huge isn't it? I though id do that to try and capture the outpost of someone who is level 45+ with MANY MANY good things VERY HIGH level in his base and then abandon the outpost. Is this a good idea.

Also... I'm new at EWG and I don't know how ressource village work, I see many of them but they are ALL captured, is my only way to get one is to steal it from another player or there will be some that appear after i build my loot warehouse and i can get one for myself withough having to fight another player for it?

Also what do theses warehouse do?

I figured out that charcoal in EWG is something that doesn't really grow easily, at 3 per hour per plant per level it isn't really something you will get 1000 per day of, and bartering with towns who ask 11,000 for only 5k gold... as you know i make 5k gold in a few hours with 625 per 10 minutes... in one hour i make 3000+ so trading a month's worth of charcoal for something i can get in 90 minutes is a bit ridiculous, and the weapon, is it the same for everyone or it's randomly generated and every time you buy it a new randomly generated one replaces the old one?

Is it also randomly generated for the "epic unique" item at village level 4? When you buy them does a new one replace it or it disappears?

So what's the best thing to buy with charcoal, or is it even worth going down that path at all, I'm pretty sure deciding to not build charcoal AT ALL and not accomplish any of these quests is a pretty decent path to follow isn't it, rather than wasting ur space with charcoal burners you can use them for farmhouses, stone quarry and woodcutters it's more efficient to have resources isn't it? I don't see much towns filled with charcoal burners most likely because what is there for bartering really isn't worth the time right?

ATM I think the best thing you could barter the charcoal for would be the norsemen and even they aren't that good. Should I just destroy my charcoal burners and focus on just repairing the village and building resources like my main base in the mainland?
    KrAcKeD @ usa 1

There really are only 2 limited quantities in the game-- time and space.
    By nothing left to build i mean nothing that will help me with my goals. I need food to feed the lazy troops! Wood and stone are there to do research or build towers, but that stops around lvl 55 and you start thinking constantly about how to get more food. When you are producing thousands of resources per hr that you don't use the cost of upgrading a farmhouse is measured in time and focus rather than in resources. Right now at my main i havent built anything in months, so that's not a real concern either. I would say that any farm after the 9th or 10th is worth wondering about, and that for lvl 30 it might make sense to keep it down to 8 or so until you get your public order increased.
    As far as dwellings are concerned you might think about other ways to get coins.

I did this too at one point, but then i was told to start hitting robber barons instead. it is a gamechanger, and now I have fewer dwellings, better public order, and more space for decorations in my castles. If you don't spend much time online it makes sense to rely on taxes, so this is a gameplay decision you can make for yourself.

And when you say "There is nothing else to build" Are you forgetting that you can always build a dwelling that will in any circumstances increase your money per hour? Also... are you taking in consideration that a farmhouse level 10 costs..... omg... so many ressource if you consider all the wood and stone used to build each upgrade, over the period of how much time if you consider it's an extra "7 food per hour" putting the ratio of 1 food = 1 wood/1 stone. will you have make it even? 3 months ? maybe 4?. it's ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS to build more than the max amount of plants the outpost has 100% efficiency +2, the 75% and the 56% are OK, anything below 50% is a waste, not to even question the ones who have 10% efficiency.... sheesh. A game like this requires food for you to have the army size, BUT... since you cannot have the army AND the food production at the same time, you should ABSOLUTELY have something like a barter open 24/7 but not as an option to trade with the system, but rather as an option to trade with other players. You could sell ressources at a certain price (gold) and buy other ressources with that money. There was a system like this in EVONY. and it made the game MUCH MUCH better. GGE Should DEFINATELY implement a barter system with other players so that there is MORE INTERACTIVITY between players and it makes the holding of an army POSSIBLE. Don't you all agree?
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

Can you tell the ratio at which the occupancy rate goes down?

In your main castle for example, all resources have an occupancy rate of 100% for 3 plants, the 4th is 75%, 5th is 56, 6th 43, what is the rest, up to the most known... I'd like to know that please. Up to the 12TH extra plant even if possible.

each one is 75% of the last. just keep multiplying by 0.75

Also I want to know, for someone who is level 28, is it good to have a town where you built an enormous amount of dwellings and just try to either collect tax at the most efficient rate (every 10 minutes) or the second most efficient rate (every 24 hours), one of my town has BY ITSELF over 1000 habitants, in total, i have 1875 habitants and it gives me around 625 gold per 10 minutes for someone level 28, that is absolutely huge isn't it? I though id do that to try and capture the outpost of someone who is level 45+ with MANY MANY good things VERY HIGH level in his base and then abandon the outpost. Is this a good idea.

Make sure that this is someone who you have contacted. this could make his alliance quite angry with you, as these are often given to another alliance member. Many players outgrow their OPs because they don't need resources as much and want to switch to food OPs so this could be a good opportunity for you.

Also... I'm new at EWG and I don't know how ressource village work, I see many of them but they are ALL captured, is my only way to get one is to steal it from another player or there will be some that appear after i build my loot warehouse and i can get one for myself withough having to fight another player for it?
    Again be carefull or you will get squished by a big alliance. Be carefull to not take an RV from someone in a big alliance or affiliated with one unless you think you can win a drawn out war with them

Also what do theses warehouse do?
    loot warehouse lets you capture resource villages

I figured out that charcoal in EWG is something that doesn't really grow easily, at 3 per hour per plant per level it isn't really something you will get 1000 per day of, and bartering with towns who ask 11,000 for only 5k gold... as you know i make 5k gold in a few hours with 625 per 10 minutes... in one hour i make 3000+ so trading a month's worth of charcoal for something i can get in 90 minutes is a bit ridiculous, and the weapon, is it the same for everyone or it's randomly generated and every time you buy it a new randomly generated one replaces the old one?
    i think the ruined village thing is more for endgame. I would recomend that you build your farms towers, storage up to their max before bothering with it much.

Is it also randomly generated for the "epic unique" item at village level 4? When you buy them does a new one replace it or it disappears?
    it disapears. you can only buy the equips once. the troops you can buy multiple times

So what's the best thing to buy with charcoal, or is it even worth going down that path at all, I'm pretty sure deciding to not build charcoal AT ALL and not accomplish any of these quests is a pretty decent path to follow isn't it, rather than wasting ur space with charcoal burners you can use them for farmhouses, stone quarry and woodcutters it's more efficient to have resources isn't it? I don't see much towns filled with charcoal burners most likely because what is there for bartering really isn't worth the time right?
    yeah, I'd wait until you've finished all the other stuff in EWG first

ATM I think the best thing you could barter the charcoal for would be the norsemen and even they aren't that good. Should I just destroy my charcoal burners and focus on just repairing the village and building resources like my main base in the mainland?
    don't destroy them, just focus on other things
    therealsporer @ usa 1
    the realerest.

hello
    dwellings decreease public order so top levels players demolish them
    they get gold from robber barons
    i know because i have 4 castles
    Last edited by inderpal2; 01.05.2013 at 08:36.
    inderpal @ en 1

level 28

leader of Death Monsters

I love goodgame empire

you can use market barrows, you can trade resources with real players! There is no need for a barter system because GGE sort of has one already
    gummybearkilla @ usa 1

Thank you for bringing back up a thread whose questions were answered over a month ago.
    FAQs
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...186#post951186

#TheDreamLivesOn

(Mix of ruby/armorer tools)
    http://prntscr.com/39gqa6
    http://prntscr.com/3xf6wl
    http://prntscr.com/4ee952

#GG$
    #GGreedy
    #GreedGameEmpire

GGE is always trying to get players to buy rubies, and to do that, comes up with horrible updates. Put this in your siggy if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Percival Scott View Post
    Billy, I will crack you.
    Proud Sergeant of Grumpy Warsouls

TM