Thread: How to make a good alliance?

Beginner

How to make a good alliance?

I'm currently trying to build an alliance so I wanted to know how people do it. If you just answer a few of these questions that would be great.

What makes your alliance good?

How big is your alliance, what is the average level of its players?
    What do you do for your alliance?
    How do you recruit new players?
    How do you communicate with players?
    What roles do players have in your alliance?
    What does its chat, messages, alliance description excetera look like?
    What rules does your alliance have - RV/outpost stealing, necessary activity, donations rule?
    When/how often do you go to war?

IMPORTANT: if you’re going to say rubies or active players - talk about how you found those active players and got them to join instead.

(I tried to find a thread like this but I couldn't so i thought I'd post my own - sorry if i missed it)

Beginner
    it needs luck
    i think you will have a better chance to get some ruby player if you r a counselor
    vampire empire @ en 1

i like ruby buidings:D:D

Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigsnout View Post
    I'm currently trying to build an alliance so I wanted to know how people do it. If you just answer a few of these questions that would be great.

What makes your alliance good?

How big is your alliance, what is the average level of its players?
    What do you do for your alliance?
    How do you recruit new players?
    How do you communicate with players?
    What roles do players have in your alliance?
    What does its chat, messages, alliance description excetera look like?
    What rules does your alliance have - RV/outpost stealing, necessary activity, donations rule?
    When/how often do you go to war?

IMPORTANT: if you’re going to say rubies or active players - talk about how you found those active players and got them to join instead.

(I tried to find a thread like this but I couldn't so i thought I'd post my own - sorry if i missed it)
    Seeing as there is already an influx of overflowing alliances, I wouldn't advise you to start and alliance, it takes alot of rubies (I.E yours or someone else's money), and there aren't that many good players, most are recruited into the larger alliances.

1. 47 members, most are in the region of level 55-60 but about 15 are level 63
    2. General, been in this alliance for 7+ months
    3. Look around
    4. Talk to them in the chat
    5. King, Grand King, Diplomacy, War commanders, others I can't remember.
    6. Not sure what you mean
    7. Active daily, take what you want but not from allies and friends
    8. Depends on what War you are talking about, we are constantly in small scale wars with small alliances, but maybe every 3 months, we enter a very large scale war with other alliances
    William89

Beginner
    I'm in the lead of reapers Blood with 21 members.
    Most important thing, be active, communicate and take decissions when needed. I'm always approach different lords with respect hence it's easier to keep the peace.
    My players are around level 50 approx.

Recruiting new members can be done in 2 ways. Request if they want to join or attack them and lets see if you can talk them in to move over when they cannot handle the attacks anymore. This is a dangerous strategie though.

The roles are, activity general, honor general, donation overseer, recruitment general. i try to give my generals max responsibility. so I only have to controll them in a sence.

I'm chattingand messaging on an friendly way, but when needed will use force as it is in general benefit of the alliance when I do so.

You can fight and have war, but the war general decides with me if we go in total war; we are in war with some other alliances but nothing big at the moment.

The most important rule, It's a democracy; if the majority votes for me to give up leadership I will do so and hand it over to a player of their selection, as I'm also a player of this game I want everyone in my alliance to have the same rights.

I'm in general against ruby players, I understand the concept from game perspective but in a way it is cheating. As far as I know I do nt have ruby players in my group, but it's simple as I refuse to pay for the game, why should I force others.
    EelcoNobleman @ WWW 1

Dont start a alliance unless you have a lot of money to spend on rubies.
    Cliff_Paul at the city of statefarm on International 1
    http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...Warbrotherhood
    we are recruiting

"Soldiering, my dear friend, is the coward's art of attacking mercilessly when you are strong, and keeping out of harm's way when you are weak. That is the whole secret of successful fighting. Get your enemy at a disadvantage; and never, on any account, fight him on equal terms."

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by EelcoNobleman View Post
    I'm in the lead of reapers Blood with 21 members.
    Most important thing, be active, communicate and take decissions when needed. I'm always approach different lords with respect hence it's easier to keep the peace.
    My players are around level 50 approx.

Recruiting new members can be done in 2 ways. Request if they want to join or attack them and lets see if you can talk them in to move over when they cannot handle the attacks anymore. This is a dangerous strategie though.

The roles are, activity general, honor general, donation overseer, recruitment general. i try to give my generals max responsibility. so I only have to controll them in a sence.

I'm chattingand messaging on an friendly way, but when needed will use force as it is in general benefit of the alliance when I do so.

You can fight and have war, but the war general decides with me if we go in total war; we are in war with some other alliances but nothing big at the moment.

The most important rule, It's a democracy; if the majority votes for me to give up leadership I will do so and hand it over to a player of their selection, as I'm also a player of this game I want everyone in my alliance to have the same rights.

I'm in general against ruby players, I understand the concept from game perspective but in a way it is cheating. As far as I know I do nt have ruby players in my group, but it's simple as I refuse to pay for the game, why should I force others.
    i like this gy , mate , mind if i join your world and join ye alliance? im very active and know my game better then any i know , i knew first player on my world
    General of Greek empire.

I own the fire sparta league , to join ask me , we stick together we die together.

Student
    Universe,Milky way,Solar system,The earth,ENGLAND
    I say aim for about level 20 to 40 players or higher but mostly look for both ruby player and non
    clive100 @ en 1
    PLAYER:
    Retired at level 55
    Last alliance: BSK AlliedOrder
    Last achieved glory rank: Duke

Beginner
    I which world are you jhon?
    I'm in international 1 and do not see you there

My alliance is full at the moment but There is a player who is not active enough to my believe.
    I'll check with him on his ideas of the game, if he doesn't approve on activity increase he will be out and hence the spot will be free for you if you like
    Last edited by EelcoNobleman; 06.06.2013 at 12:32.
    EelcoNobleman @ WWW 1

Sitting at a table eating Mac n Cheese with sporks
    1)It depends what alliance you are planning to make at first -- a powerful, capital-capturing-aspiring alliance, a helping alliance to help low level players, an alliance that is neither strong nor weak. For a powerful one, I would have at least 40 players, at least level 40 with at least 1000+ honour. For a helping one, maybe 20-30 players, level 35 - 50+, at least 750 honour. For a moderate alliance, 5-20 players, around 500 honour, above level 15.
    2)As an alliance leader, you should become a role-model. Donate resources, coins, rubies. Chat and be friendly. Make the alliance as diplomatic as possible, so younger members arent afraid to talk to seniors.
    3) You can invite players to your alliance, either by the official way (when the player is not in an alliance) or just a message inviting them. Note that they have to quit their alliance first. They can also request to join your alliance.
    4)To communicate, chat in the alliance chat often. For major announcements, send a circular or post an announcement on the announcement board.
    5)My alliance has two vice-leaders. They are in charge of diplomacies. The official rankings are Member, Sargeant, General and Leader. My generals can boot (throw out) anybody to their own free will, provided they have a reason. Sargeants is just a sign that you are waiting to become a general. But we try to make it as diplomatic as possible, so younger players are not intimidated.
    6)I'm not totally sure what you mean.
    7)In our alliance, members over level 30 are to donate 100 coins and 10 rubies a day. As a suggestion for yours, start of with 500 of each resource per week, as well as 100 coins and 5 rubies every week except for the players which cannot do that. Once your alliance grows, you'll need to make it stricter. We have a strict no-bullying policy. We rarely steal RV's and inactivity for 3 days is an automatic boot.
    We go to war quite often but that is because we are a relatively big alliance. Probably don't go into war until you are established.
    And for the ruby/active players, we don't necessarily ask them to join. They join us.
    In au1 (level 32) and WWW1 (level 14)
    I like sporks. :D My thread - Top 5 anything http://en.board.goodgamestudios.com/...-5-Anything!:D

honestly the most important thing after ruby players is having good players. In my alliance every player is willing to send all his or her support troops out to help another member even if it means their castle must burn and this creates a really close bond in which all the players are happy to support each other in need no matter what the cost is.

Another important factor is what sort of reputation you want your alliance to have, my alliance has one of if no the best name on the server when it comes to respectable players, A well liked alliance is generally going to be able to stay out of personal wars and if you do get involved in a war then it will only be with one alliance at a time. Nothing is worse than warring with 2 alliances at once, especially when you reach a higher level.

To maintain a respectable alliance sometimes you will have to make hard decisions and sometimes that might mean booting out a player who has been bullying or breaking rules or sending messages to certain people and as a leader you must be willing to make these hard decisions.

also Keeping your alliance entertained or giving them a set target is a good idea or at least for bigger alliances (mine has 57 members) as if there is no set target then people run amuk and attack whoever they like which may end up in multiple wars, plus a single war is a great way to give your players plenty of rv's. Just make sure it is a fair war.

Now finally for the leader: As the leader you need to be able to lead from the front. by this I mean if your alliance is going to mass attack another, you should be involved in this, In our alliance the leader, sean will always join in the attacks and 9/10 times he will launch the first attack and even 3-4 others during that time. You must be active during times of war otherwise you will lose respect from your members and they won't listen to you.

Following these my alliance has kept ourselves in the top 5 for as long as I have been with them and have only fallen out of the top 3 once or twice
    legoman693651 @ au 1

The Seperatists. (and occasionally OVERLORDS) Proud owners of aus1's GE capital, FP capital and 2 metropolises

Did somebody say overkill?

Beginner
    legoman, I mostly agree with you uyes a leader has to lead th eattack and join in the rest. Not sure on the best name on the server that might be the case for aus1 ; Reapers blood was warpride before and a lot of players respect me in th egame for diplomacy. I think that is the most important task of all for the leader honour and respect pacts and keep diplomacy going.
    EelcoNobleman @ WWW 1

Beginner
    I could add from past experiences in my alliances I joined (I'm not a leader) that a powerful and friendly leader is key. For example: If you are not prepared to be friendly and fair to your alliance members (and active) then they probably will leave for another alliance.
    In simpler terms, you need a strong leader personally and in troop numbers/ levels to keep your alliance from crumbling.
    Level 54, Count
    Member of BraveheartTitan EN1

Loyalty is the one true virtue of any member of an alliance. When loyalty is present you cannot complain.

"It is right to learn, even from your enemies"
    -Ovid

Beginner
    I would like to say I am such a leader, but that is not up to me. the lords in my alliance are happy with me. although there is a group inactive players who I am pushing to play.
    EelcoNobleman @ WWW 1

Advanced
    when you have nearly maximum members, get more. get members as high level as possible. but if you are all low level the high leveler will fall into ruins. regularly expand and if you get 15 or more members open a sub alliance to train members. always consider you're member's suggestions.
    williamandarbel
    Proudly part of Sword of Truth, US1.

A non-ruby buyer.

#Thedreamliveson