Thread: Defense worthless? Why buy it?

Beginner

Defense worthless? Why buy it?

I do not knw what I am missing but my 225 alligators lost fewer than a dozen the rest still swimming happily around after attack from Emparer Zod and his veteran troops. Why ought I invest the money in rubies to buy alligators when they were not able to be used to protect my castle; in fact, it was a very weird attack. I was defeated but most of my defenses were still intact. I do not understand how you get over a wall, or in this case, 3 walls without having to address the gates and walls defenses. Gate defenses totally untouched. Worried this might be a cheat or perhaps veteran troops come with flying ability so do not need to get past defenses. Makes me less likely to invest by more money (rubies) in purchasing defense tools, that us for sure.
    Sincerely,
    Crone
    Crone @ GG 1

Beginner
    There is a limit to how many defense tools can be used in one fight. This is why people buy ruby defenses- so that the limited tools allowed can at least be the best. From what I understand, 1 tool per slot is used.
    Lysho @ GG 1

Beginner
    Thank you. I missed that totally the first month I played this game; wasted a bunch if defenses, I guess. So if I am understanding this now, do not need to bring more siege tools than what it takes to cover 1 per slot of the defense tools, right?
    Crone @ GG 1

Beginner
    No, siege tools are different. They stack multiple times. So 5 ladders reduce wall defense by 50%. The only limit attackers have is the Max tool limit. Sometimes it becomes strategy in deciding how many mantlets, how many ladders, and how many rams to take to front gate of a max gate/wall. Especially if they want to include glory flags or loot items.
    Lysho @ GG 1

You use one tool per slot, per attack.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lord Lostpop- "The Golden Bear", Diplomat to the Export Empire.

Beginner
    Only with defense tools, Lord Lostpop. Attack tools stack as many times as you have the tools.
    Lysho @ GG 1

In the PC version it is a clear one defensive tool per slot (attack tools cumulative). However, playing the App version (Four Kingdoms) our players have seen an interesting situation which cannot be explained- defensive tools are not being used in a manner in which we can figure out.

For instance, we had a recent attack on one of our players in which the Right flank used 6 stone between 2 slots and 1 flaming arrow out of a single slot equipped with flaming arrows; in the gate/middle he used 4 reinforced gates in 2, 4 rocks in 2 slots, and 2 arrows in 1 slot. Based on the gate/middle, I would think it was using 2 per slot (still doesn't make sense in the format for the system of one per slot per attack). However, he used the equivalent of 3 stone per slot on the flank and only 1 arrow for 1 arrow equipped slot.

I wonder if, since there are no attack waves on the app, it is using a calculation of attackers sent proportionate to wave equivalents on the PC game and using tools based on that equivalency (still doesn't explain the flank)? For instance, if you maxed out all slots on a flank for a player who would be eligible for a three wave attack for their level (level 30 versus level 15- who would only get 1 wave of attacks on PC- for instance) on PC version, does it give you a three wave credit, thus giving the defender use of three defensive tools? If this is the case, then new players would need to be prepared with enough defensive tools to cover enough waves of attack, and attackers would need to triple their attack tools use- a significant increase in attack tools needs.

Thoughts?
    Zoe Theroncross @ GG 1

I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me.
    -Archilochus 650 BC

Beginner
    I've never heard of waves. But I know I've lost 3 of each stack when Ive lost attacks on my castle. I play on android.
    Krustof @ GG 1

Intermediate
    Zoe,
    Defensive tools are consumed in the amount needed to counteract the offensive tools which stack. Lord Redrum has a nice explanation somewhere in the forums.
    Naveen
    Naveen @ GG 1