Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glory points.

Beginner

Glory points.

Can anyone tell me how glory points are actually calculated? I've been seeing some strange battle reports from my alliance members lately. As an example, there were 2 Massive battles involving 600+ attacking and defending.

Battle 1 :
    474 attacking made up of mostly 2 handed swords and heavy crossbow VS 680 defenders. Loss of 130 honor, gain of 1200 glory.

Battle 2 :
    640 attacking made up of mostly 2 handed swords and heavy crossbow VS 580 defenders. Loss of 60 honor, gain of 250 glory.

And I've also seen battles involving 150 on each side with massive amounts of glory. I was under the impression that the larger the battle, the larger the glory. Both instances have opponent with similar honor points.
    Auric Goldskin @ GG 1

Beginner
    I should point out that the defenders won the battles in both examples above.
    Auric Goldskin @ GG 1

Beginner
    this has happened to me several times in a row. nothing but two handed and heavy crossbow and received around 250 glory points for 2800 total soldier battle with over 1000 lost while someone else sent 200 soldiers, nut all strong, and received over 500, some times much more. my opponents were all ranked higher with higher honor.
    ross10877 @ GG 1

I don't know how many glory points you receive for killing 1 of each unit type. I know a marauder will increase your glory by 20%. Banners by 2% (ruby) or 1% (coin) but apart from that the only help I can offer is a speculation that having a larger difference between honour and level will give the lower level and honour player a increased number of glory points. I don't know if that is actually the case but it's a pattern I've noticed
    Lord Redrum of Rebuild, GB World 5

RETIRED

Beginner
    that's what I would think too but my last two attacks have been the opposite. my last one was against someone higher level than I am. I sent 650ish 2 handed and heavy crossbow soldiers to their doom and received 270 glory. the battle before that I sent 700 to summertime who was reinforced and had 2000 soldiers and I barely received 200 glory from that battle. lost both.

on a side note the last battle the person had 460ish defenders that weren't veterans against 650ish strong soldiers and I sent plenty of tools to bring down their bonuses and I still lost. neither I nor the winner can figure it out.
    ross10877 @ GG 1

You get more glory when you win as well of course and if you support somebody only they get the glory from winning. It's possible to win very big wins against attackers if you know. How to set up your defenses... Did you send all say ranged soldiers down a flank? Not include moat tools if they had a moat? Sometimes it can be very unfair but I've won bigger defensive fights than that and lost bigger armies as well! Can just be unlucky.

If you want to private message me I'll send you my email and you can send me your battle report? Might be able to tell you where you went wrong

RETIRED

Beginner
    Still confused because I've seen battles of lower level players with smaller armies and less losses but more glory.
    ross10877 @ GG 1

Intermediate
    I agree Ross...the whole glory thing is still a mystery to me in terms of how they calculate.
    Naveen @ GG 1

Beginner
    Also, what's up with losing 2% per day. So I'm losing 70/day no matter what? Even if I fight?
    Krustof @ GG 1

Intermediate
    Yeah...that sucks...
    Naveen @ GG 1

They do it to keep us attacking and the game flowing so inactives can't stay top

RETIRED

Beginner
    I've noticed a fluctuation in glory points when it comes to who the defenders are, where they are positioned, who the attackers ,are where they are positioned, the levels of both players, what tools are used and where, and finally how leveled the castle walls are.
    Example: a Lvl 44 attacking with a bunch of melee and some siege. Lvl 30 defending with range and melee in the keep. He lost 466...i lost 16...and i received 840 glory.
    Your not going to know how many glory points your going to earn, because there are to many variables that affect the total amount
    Last edited by TOTAL2; 16.10.2013 at 08:58.
    TOTAL2 @ GG 2

Intermediate
    Personally I think the rewards for the various glory point levels are ridiculously small. And there is no reward for honor points either.
    Naveen @ GG 1

Agreed I used to care about honour but then just got bored of the pressure of keeping it high and making myself a target for really no gain... And I've now reached archduke glory rank but am finding it impossible to maintain this level let alone reach the rank of king! Plus I now have the veterans which are better than the two handed swordsman and heavy xbows, so what's the point in getting 30% off the cost of these units?

RETIRED

Beginner
    Been a king for past 2 weeks...waste of time....it also maxes glory at 81k....not sure why. Easy number to get to.
    wills castle @ GG 1

Quote Originally Posted by wills castle View Post
    Easy number to get to.
    yes that's why everybody is a king lol.

RETIRED

Beginner
    I meant easy number for people who are actually kings

If you've got that far...why limit kings to only 15k more glory over the king threshhold? Just odd is all
    wills castle @ GG 1

Beginner
    I've been getting no glory points for several battles. Tried picking opponents with similar honor but no help. I have destroyed the Denver the last 2 times this has happened.
    St.Christian @ GG 1

Beginner
    Byy experience it depends on all this as well. Lvl, honor diference, lvl of troops used, maybe even glory rank and walls lvl, but not sure.

What i know is i get more available targets when my honor is lower. And being top at some ranking,like said before, only makes you a biger target with no gain. However will try to test if fights with higher honor players bring more glory then fights between lower honor player. With that being the only diference ofc
    BiiiLiii @ GG 2

Beginner
    I fought a battle with a player one level higher than me. They had about 420 honor and I had about 1150 honor. Close match both lost about 220 soldiers. I won. Unfortunately I didn't earn any glory or honor points and no experience points either. I exchanged a couple of messages with the opponent and he said he earn over 200 glory points. I don't get it.
    bigbullyboy @ GG 1